What is Mercedes-Benz DISTRONIC PLUS®?
DISTRONIC PLUS® is an active cruise control system that not only allows you to adjust speed, but it also allows you to set a distance interval. Using radar-based technology, DISTRONIC PLUS® monitors the gap between you and a straight-ahead vehicle, letting you travel with the flow of San Diego traffic. Learn more about Mercedes-Benz DISTRONIC PLUS® below, as well as the new models for which it’s available!
How Does DISTRONIC PLUS® Function?
Is your Mercedes-Benz vehicle already equipped with DISTRONIC PLUS®? Here’s how to use the system:
- In many ways, DISTRONIC PLUS® operates much like a normal cruise control system. Its controls are found on a lever attached to the car’s steering column.
- Want to set your cruising speed? Simply move the lever down or up. Move the lever up to increase speed and down to decrease. Doing this changes your speed by one mile per hour.
- Pressing the lever hard increases or decreases the speed by five miles per hour.
- Push the lever away from you or apply the brakes if you want to cancel your cruise control setting.
- To resume the last speed you set, pull the lever toward you.
- You can use the knob at the end of the lever to fine-tune the distance interval between you and the car ahead of you. The distance interval can be seen on the central screen.
- When traffic lulls to a stop, Mercedes-Benz DISTRONIC PLUS® will stop your vehicle as well. If your car is stopped for more than three seconds, press the gas pedal or pull the lever toward you to resume.
Note: You should only use DISTRONIC PLUS® on highways, and it’s your responsibility to remain aware of your surroundings at all times. Review your owner’s manual or contact one of the technicians at Mercedes-Benz of Escondido for more information. Want a few tips on how to be more fuel-efficient when traveling around San Diego? Review our guide!
DISTRONIC PLUS® with Steering Assist: How Does it Work?
What is DISTRONIC PLUS® with Steering Assist? It’s essentially an extension of DISTRONIC PLUS® that helps Escondido drivers stay in their lane. This system monitors lane markings, as well as other vehicles on the road, and can automatically adjust the steering to accommodate sharp turns. This feature can also sense when you’ve removed your hands from the wheel. DISTRONIC PLUS® with Steering Assist offers an added level of safety and security while you travel San Marcos roads.
Which Mercedes-Benz Cars Offer DISTRONIC PLUS®?
The DISTRONIC PLUS® system is standard or available for the following Mercedes-Benz vehicles:
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class
- Mercedes-Benz S-Class
- Mercedes-Benz CLA
- Mercedes-Benz CLS
- Mercedes-Benz GLA
- Mercedes-Benz GLC
- Mercedes-Benz GLE
- Mercedes-Benz GLS
- Mercedes-Benz G-Class
- Mercedes-Benz SLC
- Mercedes-Benz SL
Learn More About Mercedes-Benz Safety from Mercedes-Benz of Escondido!
Do you have additional questions about how DISTRONIC PLUS® works? Contact us at Mercedes-Benz of Escondido or visit us near Escondido and San Marcos! We can also answer any questions you may have about other Mercedes-Benz technologies, such as PRESAFE®, COMAND®, and 4MATIC® all-wheel drive.