What is Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
Whether you’re venturing through San Diego or down rainy highways, 4MATIC® all-wheel drive offers added driving confidence. Many new Mercedes-Benz vehicles offer this advanced system to give drivers more traction and control in harsh conditions. What can 4MATIC® do? It provides strong grip in adverse weather by allocating power to the wheels that need it most while maintaining excellent fuel economy. Learn more about Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® all-wheel drive below!
How Does 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Work?
The 4MATIC® all-wheel drive system works in the following ways:
- The force sent to your car’s tires impacts braking, acceleration, and steering. The 4MATIC® system distributes power to all four wheels — not just the front or rear — thereby giving your vehicle greater power on Escondido roads.
- Your car’s outside and inside wheels rotate at different speeds during cornering, because the outside wheels’ paths are longer. The 4MATIC® system senses and can help correct wheel-spin.
- Road surfaces can change on a dime. Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® is designed to react quickly by constantly monitoring the roads and can adjust engine power as needed for gravelly, rainy, or icy conditions.
- Whether you’re cruising through San Marcos or hitting the track, 4MATIC® all-wheel can distribute different torque amounts to each wheel for sportier handling.
Mercedes-Benz Vehicles with 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz E 300 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz E 400 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, Wagon, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz CLS 550 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz S 450 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz S 560 4MATIC® Coupe and Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 4MATIC® SUV and Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 350e 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 550e Plug-In Hybrid 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 550 4MATIC® SUV
You might be wondering, “What about the Mercedes-Benz AMG® models?” With the exception of the AMG® GT, many of the AMG® models get Performance 4MATIC® all-wheel drive for all-terrain power and sporty handling.
Find a New Mercedes-Benz with 4MATIC® Today!
Explore the full lineup of new, used, and certified pre-owned models with Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® all-wheel drive at Mercedes-Benz of Escondido in Escondido! If a model catches your eye, contact us to schedule a test drive near San Marcos. While you’re here, ask about our new specials on vehicles with 4MATIC®. While you’re here, be sure to ask about other systems that help enhance safety, such as PRESAFE® and DISTRONIC PLUS®.