What Does Mercedes-Benz Oil Service Include?
When you bring your luxury vehicle to the Mercedes-Benz of Escondido service center near San Diego for a Mercedes-Benz oil service appointment, here’s what you can expect from your appointment:
- Perform a Synthetic Motor Oil Replacement* for model years 2009 and newer, in compliance with Mercedes-Benz Service A or Mercedes-Benz Service B
- Perform an oil change for model years 2008 and older (when not part of Service A/B)
- Complete Oil Filter Replacement* utilizing genuine OEM Mercedes-Benz parts
- Recycle the old filter
If you have questions regarding Mercedes-Benz oil service, you’ve come to the right place. Here, the service team at Mercedes-Benz of Escondido details all of the important facts you need to know. If you have any questions as you navigate our comprehensive guide, don’t hesitate to contact us!
Synthetic Oil vs. Regular Oil: What’s the Difference?
First things first: What is synthetic oil? Synthetic motor oil differs from conventional motor oil in that it consists of a base oil, powder additives, and a carrier oil which helps the additives to disperse evenly. Both synthetic and conventional oil are made from refined crude oils. However, the amount of refining involved for each oil is different. Synthetic oil is refined, distilled, purified, and broken down at the molecular level. Is there an advantage to synthetic oil over conventional oil? Take a look at some key benefits to learn more:
- Fewer deposits
- Fewer impurities after refining
- Superior performance in areas that experience extreme temperatures
- Similar molecule sizes allow for decreased friction
- Powder additives in synthetic oil allow for more efficient engine operation
Which Synthetic Oils Are Safe for Mercedes-Benz Vehicles?
- Mobil 1 Tri-Synthetic Formula 15w-50
- Mobil 1 Tri-Synthetic Formula 0w-40
- Valvoline Synpower Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5w-40
- Castrol Syntec 5w-50
- Castrol Syntec 10W-40
- Quaker State Full Synthetic European Formula 5w-40
- Pennzoil Synthetic European 5w-40
- 76 Pure Synthetic Motor Oil 5w-40
- Castrol TXT Softec Plus 5w-30
- Shell Helix Ultra 5w-30
- Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40
Synthetic Motor Oil Replacement Frequency
Mercedes-Benz Service A** and Service B** intervals include Synthetic Motor Oil Replacement and Oil Filter Replacement. This being the case, you can stress less about tracking the miles you log and the months that pass between replacements. For your ultimate convenience, Mercedes-Benz vehicles are equipped with the Flexible Service System, which notifies you every time you’re due to schedule Service A^ (every 10,000 miles or 1 year) or Service B^ (every 20,000 miles or 2 years) near Escondido.
Ask Us About the Mercedes-Benz Maintenance Schedule!
Don’t delay any longer if your San Marcos vehicle is due for a Mercedes-Benz Synthetic Motor Oil Replacement –– schedule a service appointment with Mercedes-Benz of Escondido today! Keeping up with the Mercedes-Benz maintenance schedule is vital to maintaining the health of your luxury sedan or SUV. Have additional questions relating to your vehicle’s service, such as what’s covered by the Mercedes-Benz warranty? Consult our Mercedes-Benz service information center to learn more.
*Oil and filter change is the base advertised service component. Additional services as determined by your vehicle’s ASSYST Plus system, which calculates service needs based on your driving habits, time, mileage and environmental conditions, may increase service cost.
**2009 and newer Mercedes-Benz vehicles only. Price advertised for Service A/Service B includes all factory-required components. Please refer to your maintenance booklet for the complete list of factory-required services and details on the specific intervals for your vehicle’s year and model.
^Services and pricing for Service A/Service B may vary due to your driving habits, mileage, and local environmental conditions. Please refer to your maintenance booklet for additional details and general guidelines for your vehicle’s year and model.